Course Code: JN02
Term: Self Paced
Open for Enrollment
Please contact email@example.com if you are having difficulties enrolling into this course
In support of the Journalism Now Team Challenge, for a limited time, there is no charge for the course certificate.
In an age of fake news, when journalists are mistrusted by many, we have to be transparent. I'll show you how you can achieve this, by having a personal mission and a mission for your organisation. I'll show you the importance of honesty and sticking to your principles. Your reputation is important, and my advice will help your sources to trust you and help your audience to believe that you are reporting the truth.
· learn how to win the trust of your sources and of your audience.
· learn how to be true to your mission statement.
· learn how to use a well-respected tool to assess and safeguard your organisation's reputation.
· learn how to test your integrity with several interactive exercises.
· Section 1 provides an overview of the course
· Section 2 asks you to examine and define what you consider as journalism
· Section 3 runs you through the use of mission statements to achieve transparency and to gain the trust of the audience
· Section 4 introduces you to a reputation management tool developed by international academics Charles Fombrun and Cees Van Riel.
Check your email inbox and click on the email verification link we just sent you.
If it doesn’t reach your inbox in a few moments, it might be in your spam folder. Don’t forget to add our email address to your contacts if it did end up in spam! That’ll make sure it doesn’t happen again.
As soon as you’ve verified your email, you’ll be able to continue.
Are you a journalist?: Building a trusted brand