Course Code: JN01
Term: Self Paced
Open for Enrollment
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are having difficulties enrolling into this course
This course carries 6 hours of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) credits.
In support of the Journalism Now Team Challenge and for a limited time, there is no charge for the course certificate. Complete the course by the end of May to take advantage of this.
With this course you will learn the importance of understanding consumers’ viewing, reading and listening habits, and at what time of day the different platforms like mobile, TVs and newspapers are most popular. Once you have this knowledge, you can tailor your story according to the medium and the time of day the audience is accessing your content. There is a series of practical exercises which you can do to learn how best to customise your stories.
“I really enjoyed this one! It got me to think about content distribution in new ways - it was backed by research and the quizzes and tasks were also interesting.” Imani from South Africa.
· You will learn about the ever-changing media landscape in all its complexity
· You will analyse and react to the media habits of your audience
· You will find out the habits of younger members of your audience, and how they differ from the older readers/viewers.
· You will be able to customise your stories for different platforms including online, mobile and print, in order to achieve maximum impact.
Joining Chris is a strong team of media experts, including:
· JON LAURENCE, Deputy Editor of Now This, a New York-based media company which distributes video news content to mobile devices via social platforms
· ROB OWERS, Director of Video and Audio at the UK's Telegraph Media Group
· JONATHAN LEVY, who serves multiple digital platforms as Director of Newsgathering and Operations at Sky News
· MAGNUS MAZIMPAKA, Owner and Editor of the Rwandan digital news organisation Taarifa, which publishes in English via its website and multiple social media platforms.
Section 1 gives you an overview, and introduces the course trainer and media experts.
Section 2 describes the media platforms and analyses how the audience consumes its news
Section 3 shows you how to customise your stories for different media platforms including mobile, video, online and print.
In each section, you will be presented with practical exercises based on the concepts discussed.
You can complete this course within 4-6 hours across multiple sessions
Check your email inbox and click on the email verification link we just sent you.
If it doesn’t reach your inbox in a few moments, it might be in your spam folder. Don’t forget to add our email address to your contacts if it did end up in spam! That’ll make sure it doesn’t happen again.
As soon as you’ve verified your email, you’ll be able to continue.
Journalism across multiple platforms